FUNCTIONS OF THE AUTHORITY
The DLSA, Morigaon functions as follows
- To provide free legal service to persons who satisfy the criteria laid down under this Act
- To conduct Lok-Adalats, i.e. monthly, yearly etc as per instruction of the Assam State Legal Services Authority. c) To arrange meetings, seminars, awareness camps etc as per National Plan Action and other different regulations. d) Any other Programme as embodied in the National Plan of action or as per instruction of NALSA & ASLSA, etc.
OTHER FUNCTIONS OF THE AUTHORITY
The Act among other things conceives three functions by the Legal Services Authorities; they are –
- The Permanent Lok-Adalat is also functioning under this authority for disposing of the matters of Public Utility Disputes in its pre-litigation stages.
- To open Legal Aid Clinics in different places of the district including Law College, district jail etc.
- To furnish monthly reports, returns and other information etc as per instructions of State Legal Services Authority from time to time.