Morigaon Judiciary System consists of two major establishments.
- District & Sessions Judge Establishment
- Chief Judicial Magistrate establishment
The highest court in Morigaon Judiciary is that of the District and Sessions Judge. This is the principal court of civil jurisdiction. This is also a court of Sessions. Sessions-triable cases are tried by the Sessions Court. It has the power to impose any sentence including capital punishment.Each of the establishments are further categorized into subordinate courts. These subordinate courts are administered by individual judges.
In addition Morigaon Judiciary has the following special divisions
- District Legal Services Authority (DLSA) : Constituted under the Legal Services Authorities Act, 1987 to provide free Legal Services to the weaker sections of the society and to organize Lok Adalats for amicable settlement of disputes.
- Motor Accident Claims tribunal(MACT) : An additional court which was constituted to provide compensation to the victims or family members of the victims of accident by motor vehicles.
- Consumer forum or consumer court : This is a special purpose court constituted to deal with cases regarding consumer disputes and grievances.