A Lok-Adalat shall have jurisdiction to determine and to arrive at a compromise or settlement between the parties to a dispute in respect of:
- any case pending before; or any matter which is falling within the jurisdiction of, and is not brought before any court for which the Lok Adalat is organized: Provided that the Lok Adalat shall have no jurisdiction in respect of any case or matter relating to an offence not compoundable under any law.
- Where in any case referred to in clause (i) of sub-section (5) of Section 19:
- (a) the parties there of agree; or
- (b) one of the parties thereof makes an application to the court for referring the case to the Lok-Adalat for settlement and if such court is prima facie satisfied that there are chances of such settlement; or
- the court is satisfied that the matter is an appropriate one to be taken cognizance of by the Lok-Adalat: the Court shall refer the case to the Lok Adalat. Provided that no case shall be referred to the Lok Adalat under sub-clause (b) of clause (i) or clause (ii) by such court except after giving a reasonable opportunity of being heard to the parties.
PERMANENT LOK ADALAT
- Any party to a dispute may, before the dispute is brought before any court, make an application to the Permanent Lok Adalat for the settlement of dispute; Provided that the Permanent Lok Adalat shall not have jurisdiction in respect of any matter relating to an offence not compoundable under any law; Provided further that the Permanent Lok Adalat shall also not have pecuniary jurisdiction in the matter of Public Utility Services where the value of the property in dispute exceeds one core;
- After an application is made under sub-section (1) to the Permanent Lok Adalat, no party to that application shall invoke jurisdiction of any court in the same dispute.
Note *: The search box provides a filter option to search through a complete list of data.
|Disposals on Lok Adalat|
|Disposal in National Lok Adalat held on 10.09.2016||Details|
|Disposal in National Lok Adalat held on 12.03.2016||Details|
|Disposal in National Lok Adalat held on 13.02.2016||Details|
|Disposal in National Lok Adalat held on 12.12.2015||Details|